• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:50 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon 2019, 5th October 2019 - launch

Started by Kellie, June 13, 2019, 10:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palealeman

agree with all the above - great day and thank you to the organisers. And some very tasty beers at the club night too!

johnrm

Great day as always.
Kudos to speakers, venue and most importantly the organisers, you did a fantastic job!

JDC

Just to echo all of the above, thanks to all involved in putting together another great day. I know that a lot of hard work was put in behind the scenes, but it certainly paid off. Thanks again!
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

brian_c

Thanks for everyone's kind comments, it really means a lot. I am very happy with how it went.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

helmet

Saturday was great craic. I particularly liked Philip's yeast presentation and the Mystery of the Vanishing German Sours. Thought the Tropical Stout at club night was class.
Well done on all the organisation, no mean feat!

CH

Quote from: brian_c on October 08, 2019, 09:06:41 AM
Thanks for everyone's kind comments, it really means a lot. I am very happy with how it went.

Well done Brian you did a great job and great co-ordination on the day.

onesoma

Also enjoyed Saturday greatly. Much thanks to all involved in organising and volunteering.

fishjam45 (Colin)

October 08, 2019, 10:08:00 PM #37 Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:50:00 PM by fishjam45 (Colin)
Well done to the team of organisers, from what I've heard there was so much work done in the background - thank you all so much for organising such a great day out.
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

CH

Folks there was some confusion about the the Yeast on offer for those that attended from WHC.
The yeast was in fact brought to the event and will NOT be distributed by the HBC.
Unfortunately some attendees took it upon themselves on the day to help themselves to as many yeasts as possible where they should of only taken one.
If there is a yeast that you were looking for, collectively as the club we need to see if we can sort that outside of WHC or HBC as these sponsors have fulfilled their obligation to us.
Perhaps Mods want to split this off so folks who didn't get any can out out a call for a fair share or potentially get slurry from a fellow brewer?
Sorry about the confusion.

markov

Also really enjoyed the day as my first brewcon and thanks to all the organisers.

Just a question were the results of the exbeeriment announced or the difference in how the beers were brewed?

brian_c

The logistics of the beer experiment with such a large crowd didn't really work out. Didn't help that the beer which wasn't brilliant to begin with was really spoiled by being shook up in the taxi.

Red and blue were the same beer, yellow was the odd one out. Yellow was fermented at room temp, the other beer was temperature controlled.

And the big reveal from the end was that I broke all the rules of homebrewing on the brewday. 20min mash, cold sparge water, 30min boil etc.

Will_D

Quote from: brian_c on October 09, 2019, 06:41:00 PM
The logistics of the beer experiment with such a large crowd didn't really work out. Didn't help that the beer which wasn't brilliant to begin with was really spoiled by being shook up in the taxi.
Only because nowt was explained to us before the beers were poured.

I heard (too late) that you logged onto the experiment [www.brulos..Brewconn.. something] to log your opinion?

BTW: I got Yellow correct
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

nigel_c

Quote from: CH on October 09, 2019, 04:32:18 PM
Unfortunately some attendees took it upon themselves on the day to help themselves to as many yeasts as possible where they should of only taken one.

This is why we can't have nice things.
We were talking on the north county WhatsApp and it looks like only one of our members actually for one.

helmet

Quote from: nigel_c on October 10, 2019, 02:18:59 PM
Quote from: CH on October 09, 2019, 04:32:18 PM

This is why we can't have nice things.
We were talking on the north county WhatsApp and it looks like only one of our members actually for one.
I've a vial here and I'm planning on slanting it. I'm picking bottles up for our competition from James next week, so could drop some with him if anyone's looking for it.

Also, anyone know what strain it is, optimum ferm temperature etc? I know John said it's a bock yeast.

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us