• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 02:23:18 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Buffalo 3kW Induction Hob

Started by delzep, November 16, 2019, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delzep

I've been using one of these the past few years with no problem, but last week I tried to brew with it and the power keeps cutting out after just a minute or so (as if switched off at the mains). I tested it with a small pan of water and it does heat the water no problem when its on, it just cuts out and restarts every minute or so. I opened it up and saw a lot of crumbly white stuff at the centre of the heating element which I figured was some sort of heat sink so I put some computer heat sink gel on there but I still have the same problem.

Anyone any ideas?

Sorcerers Apprentice

Sounds like it's overheating and tripping itself out, is the fan operating?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

delzep

Yes, but I still suspect the fan. I cleaned any dust and dirt from the fan and it sounded better, but the fan always turned no problems. I can buy a replacement fan, but don't want to waste the money in case thats not the problem. fan delivered is about €30  ???

Sorcerers Apprentice

Having a quick look on line I see some models have a filter on the underneath, this might be blocked, and I also see a spare sensor, if this was dodgy it might not be detecting a pot present. Are you getting any alarms when it goes off?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

delzep

The recommended service agents are looking for €170+VAT just to look at it  ???

CH

Use a hairdryer on cool to see if it's a thermal cooling issue?

delzep

I just tried the hairdryer and still get the same  :(

phildo79

Sounds like it's fucked!

Considering this is considerably less than having someone call out to look at it, this might be a better option.

https://www.caterkwik.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_BUFFALOCE208