• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:34 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

wlp 028 scotish ale

Started by Spud395, September 18, 2012, 11:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud395

Date packaged: 18/09/12
Format: top cropped
Generation: 3
Original purchaser: Yes
Non modo......sed etiam

rukkus

Date packaged: 18/11/12
Format: washed, in vial
Generation: not sure
Original purchaser: no

Lugh

I have had a request for some bottles of "heavy" from an old squaddie who drank it in his army days repressing the scots for the english :)
Would this give a really malty profile or will I just bang on with notty?

rukkus

It was in that young stout i brought last week. You are welcome to take some if you'd like to try it out :)

Spud395

I'm using it as my house yeast now Derek as is MAF.
I think it'd be rude to use anything else in a heavy  :o
Non modo......sed etiam

rukkus

Would you be around wexford at all? I have a vial in the fridge if you'd like it

Lugh

I won't but Spud or Maf may be and travelling through Waterford soon. I'll ask!

Lads?

House yeast eh? That good? Hmmmmm ye kept that quiet ;)

Spud395

You need to be listening at the meet ups, to much drinking going on with some  :P :P

Oh yeah that'd be all of us ;D
Dont know how you missed the 028 conversation. I can bring some to Dirtlin on the 8th if thats not to late for you!
Non modo......sed etiam

rukkus

I can pop it in the post Monday if you need it sooner :)

MAF

I've been using it in most of my malty ales of late, including the Wee Hibee. I'd highly recommend it for a scots (or any) malty ale, but why not brew one and split the batch between WLP028 and Notty? ;)

Lugh

The problem with the meet ups is I only have two ears and theres 3 conversations going on at a time.

No hurry lads he said it would be nice for chrimbo but I told him to dream on I haven't even made my own supply yet. When I get the yeast I will brew a small batch for him. Hes 70 I don't want to be responsible for killing him

Best get the finger out so!

rukkus

Its no hassle popping it in the post on monday if you decide you need it :) just pop me a pm with your address and i'll post it monday