• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2024, 02:55:59 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

gas chargers??

Started by Codonohoe, August 13, 2015, 10:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codonohoe

hey all,

Im just about to order a tap online and was looking at this gas charger an tap option.

http://www.mybeerandwine.ie/home-bar/270-beer-tap-keg-charger.html

I plan on force carbing the beer with a standard tank and regulator, so its mainly the tap im after, but the charger might be handy for parties.

my main fear is that because the tap connects straight to the keg the balance will be off and i´ll pour only foam. On one site i saw a recommendation that these taps work well if you purge off all excess head space and only re add enough pressure to allow the beer to be dispensed and then top up the head space with co2 again until next time.  will this constant change in keg pressure have any negative effect on the beer itself.

has any one used this tap or charger before?

cheers

dcalnan

It's the same with filling bottles or growlers from a keg,carbonate as you normally would, then when you want to use this tap just vent the keg (close off the gas first) and then attach the charger and slowly add co2 till beer will come out at a reasonable pace and not all foam. And the co2 won't have any affect on the beer.

Also don't touch the trigger unless it's attached to the keg,  it can explode.

hopapotamus

i got one of those kits , be aware that the charger takes screw in CO2 bulbs (not avabale in any of the irish hbs), i think its another case of buy cheep buy twice.Due to the co2 thing i honestly cant say if it works or not.