• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 17, 2024, 12:04:39 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Custom House Square Beer Festival April

Started by ManseMasher, April 02, 2016, 04:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

All the movers and shakers will be at Smock Alley on the Sat, Pity!
Is there and ABV fest this year?

Roo

I'm going Friday evening before heading down to Dubs
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Leann ull

robotmonkey

Quote from: CH on April 02, 2016, 05:18:31 PM
Is there and ABV fest this year?

There is but they are currently confirming the venue so won't be in May this year!

robotmonkey

Roo

I'm manning the Lacada pump....possibly.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Leann ull

One for you, one ...

Will wait for abv in May so.

ManseMasher

I take it you guys knew about this then......

Leann ull

No Brewcon was announced way before it and we did look at all other events announced at the time so that we didn't clash.
It's a new thing for Belfast from the same organisers as the RDS afaik and Lisa from Brewbot is also involved I think as well?

Ciaran

Anyone know if you can buy the tickets in person anywhere or is it just online?

ManseMasher

April 22, 2016, 09:57:18 PM #11 Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:47:47 AM by ManseMasher
Well I went. Good turn out from local brewers, but the entrance fee and the tokens were a bit steep in my mind. Cant see how the brewers will make a profit once they have paid for their pitches, in fact I think they will be lucky to draw even. Still, at least the facilities were good, and some of the beers were outstanding. Farmageddon Gold is a winner, and the stout from Bru is to die for. ABV 16 has to up its game. Lets make it about the brewers and their beer, not for the organisers pockets......

Roo

I did the Lacada pumps tonight and I have to say the local Brewers were phenomenal. The boy from Knockout is sound and would welcome a visit. BrĂș is amazing and I picked up the last Black IPA. Would also welcome a visit....as for the Farmageddon lads they are my type of lads. Punk as Fook and pushing the boundaries. Wonderful Califorina common. Trouble Brewing lad was winged off his tits but had so much passion about his brews....they have a pale stout which is just a mystery.

ManseMasher

Have to agree the Cali common was something special! I left quite early though - a pint of 7.5% IPA saw to that....