• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 07, 2024, 06:56:44 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Alternative oxy cleaner

Started by googoomuck, December 05, 2014, 08:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

googoomuck

Hi lads just wondering if anyone uses this, can it be used as an alternative to lidl WP5 (or whatever it's called).

Greg2013

Yes it can but tbh it is piss poor in comparison,i have tried Lidl,Aldi,Tesco,and that one and the only one worth a damn is the Lidl W5 IMHO. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Bazza

Is that the Poundland stuff? Not worth a shite. Tried it once, straight back to Lidl Oxi.

It works, to an extent, but it needs continual persuasion, whereas the Lidl stuff can just be left alone to do its thang.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

googoomuck

Just seeing it in deals last night, I'll leave it be so and stick to the lidl one. Cheers lads.

Covey

Quote from: Greg2013 on December 05, 2014, 09:26:23 PM
Yes it can but tbh it is piss poor in comparison,i have tried Lidl,Aldi,Tesco,and that one and the only one worth a damn is the Lidl W5 IMHO. ;D

Great santizer too ;D
i wam wee todd did i am sofa king wee todd did

pob

Quote from: Covey on December 06, 2014, 11:32:30 AM
Great santizer too ;D

Bzzzzz 'Wrong'

Cleaners, clean

& Sanitisers, sanitise (& never the twain shall meet )

They really only do their one job properly.

W5 (or PBW or WVP or Youngs Cleaner or ...) to clean, follow up with StarSan (or bleach/vinegar mix, ...) to sanitise

Greg2013

Quote from: Greg2013 on December 05, 2014, 09:26:23 PM

Great santizer too ;D

Lemme at him  >:(

Quote from: pob on December 06, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Great santizer too ;D

Bzzzzz 'Wrong'

Cleaners, clean

& Sanitisers, sanitise (& never the twain shall meet )

They really only do their one job properly.

W5 (or PBW or WVP or Youngs Cleaner or ...) to clean, follow up with StarSan (or bleach/vinegar mix, ...) to sanitise

The force is strong with this one  ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Sorcerers Apprentice

You can also use W5 added to your Youngs cleaner to give it a boost, really gets to work on the high tide mark in FVs,  cornie posts etc
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others