• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 04, 2024, 06:15:52 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Inkbird ITC-308 fault

Started by willk, December 16, 2017, 08:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willk

I recently bought a Inkbird ITC-308 to control a heat mat in a spare fridge I "found" at work.  It was fine for a few weeks but then began displaying characters with extra sections (see pic below).  Ambient temps are 5 - 10C.  Anyone else seen this?  I appreciate this is a cheapie unit but I'm surprised it packed it in so fast.  It is still controlling temps OK so meh beers be OK :)

willk

SO, having some issues with the pic upload - basically it is displaying characters with extra LED sections lit - so E were it should be C - that kinda craic.

SprocketFuel

I've mailed them before with an issue and they were great to deal with

Customer service or support Service after sale.

Email: cs@ink-bird.com

willk

Cheers!  I can always bung it back to Amazon, but I'm curious as to what the replacement might be like?  If they are prone to temperature control failure then not worth wasting a brew on... :(

Jonnycheech

I've had one for over a year and think it's a great bit of kit. It hasn't failed me yet. Much more reliable than the DIY option and not much difference in price considering you've to source all the bits and spend the time putting it together.
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

johnrm

I have 2x STC and they've never failed me.
More reliable than inkbird.

willk

Quote from: johnrm on December 18, 2017, 07:01:29 AM
More reliable than inkbird.
What type of failures/faults were you seeing in the Inkbird units you refer to?

willk

I had reported this to Lerway (selling via Amazon) and sent a photo of the wonky display.  They sent a new unit that arrived on 29th Dec.  They don't want the defective unit back...

...and it still controls temps accurately  8)

guest1203

Bought an Inkbird and a character disappeared one of the digits.  Emailed them with pictures and they sent a replacement a week later at no cost to me.  Didn't want the "broken" one back.  It still controls temperature perfectly.  Great service from them and great product.