• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 23, 2024, 11:40:47 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Anyone tried the Belgian BrewFerm Kits?

Started by Gareth_OFlaherty, May 01, 2013, 11:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

I brewed the Brupaks Beers of the world, Belgian Trappist Tripel.
They're a bit more pricey and only brew to 10L, but all fermentables, hops and speciality yeast are included and it makes a good beer.
It scored a very respectable 30 in last year's competition with no alteration at all:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/beers-of-the-world-belgian-trappist-ale-tripel-1152-p.asp
Well recomended if you're looking for something different.

Shanna

Sitting in my kitchen watching a Brewferm Diabolo kit  for do its magic hope to be able to bottle it real soon.  Just have to get my hands on some 33cl glass bottles first. Have great expectations for this beer as I have heard that it is a great beer.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

TheSumOfAllBeers

Brewed the Brewferm 'Oud Bruin' last year. Really nice tipple, but took forever to ferment out.

I should have aerated the crap out of it I think.

LordEoin

A lot of the brewferm kits act like that as far as i know

DrowningManatee

September 01, 2013, 02:50:07 PM #19 Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:07:23 PM by DrowningManatee
just did a old flemish ale one a few weeks ago, and racked it into 3 demijohns - 400g raspberry, 200g raspberry and 450g cherries in each.  EDIT: 3 seperate, not all that fruit in each one##

Im now reading that i shouldn't have added the fruit until the beer was really acidic but it tasted pretty acidic to me and wasn't bubbling anymore. Im planning on bottling in 2 months...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

LordEoin

DrowningManatee

November 15, 2013, 01:51:50 PM #21 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:24:25 PM by DrowningManatee
Bottled those beers the other day... the framboise and kriek's are great, but the blackberry choffee milk stout is hilarious. too much goin on there, it took a few sips and then i had to really think about each ingredient to identify its weird mix of flavours, be interesting to see how it fares in the bottles. shoulda racked them all before and topped up with beer as gettin the fruit out was a nightmare (really bad with the blackberries - got 6 500ml bottles!)

Got an ambiorix kit there in the bargain bin so lookin forward to tryin that, think ill go with the 15L, see how that works.

EDIT: forgot which thread i was on there, ignore the stout nonsense :)
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

Billythegypsy

Quote from: DrowningManatee on November 15, 2013, 01:51:50 PM

EDIT: forgot which thread i was on there, ignore the stout nonsense :)

i was actually curious about that brewferm stout.  :D

sorry, no caps because my keyboard has gone mental.