• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 15, 2024, 11:27:09 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewdog Fake Lager

Started by Bazza, March 08, 2014, 11:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Anyone tried this yet?

You either love or hate Brewdog. I personally like their beers and find their promos amusing (gay politics aside; not wanting to start something here again).

Happened upon a bottle of this in an offie in Newcastle Co. Down of all places yesterday. Decent selection of craft beers there. Picked up a Galway Hooker, Kernel and Innishmacsaint there too. I asked the lady was the craft beer trade good down those parts to which she replied it was, and followed up with 'once you have a good craft beer you can't go back'. But, as I was nodding vigorously,  she followed up by stating 'I love sitting back of an evening with a nice Peroni'.  ???

Anyway, back to the fake lager. Good ad but very ordinary beer. Maybe I didn't have it in the fridge long enough but it wasn't a huge leap from the aforementioned Peroni.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

delzep

Peroni Gran Reserva is a tasty drop

Kieran the Human

Jesus the lads at Brewdog have a high opinion of themselves - I was told they're far more interested in patting themselves on the back than trying to promote craft beer as a whole, and I think they're taking the commercial beer bashing a bit far here
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

mr hoppy

James

The guys definitely have a high opinion of themselves whether their promoting craft beer or not. Did the series "Brew Dogs" get over here yet? When I was living in the states last year they started their own television show. Although entertaining, I'm not sure how much was promoting craft beer or promoting themselves.

Bazza

I kind of like them and all bullshit aside they do make a couple of really decent beers (Punk & 5am being 2 of my favourites).

What made me laugh about the above ad is the whole thing about blowing up all this shite lager and then coming back with something that's not a huge improvement imho. Maybe I got a bad bottle.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

DEMPSEY

I love the bottled 5 AM saint but have had the draft a few times and it seem to lack the lovely hop aroma the beer is known for. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us