• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2024, 06:43:49 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The Great Quintessential English Ales Competition

Started by sub82, August 19, 2015, 08:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

I'll be one of the Belfast drop off points. Just PM me for details when ready.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

robotmonkey

Well that's my entries bottled, just need to leave it to carbonate while I head off to sunny Spain :-)

Roo

I have just checked my bottles. No head retention. Hardly worth entering now. FFS!
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Leann ull

October 27, 2015, 10:04:09 PM #50 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:53:48 PM by CH
There is a fucking echo in here now ;)
Ok where's that thread about the drop points?

Edit Ah here did you look under comp thread, don't be annoying them in their back yard here, this is a national event :P

Leann ull

Ok
Gonna collect yours can you pm me with a mobile and daytime location it can be collected from, cheers

Leann ull

What a really nice bunch of lads there are in Belfast and bang on with their ability to pick up faults in a beer, and weren't we so lucky that Wetherspoons had plenty of beers with loads of off flavours for the guys to practice on, the metallic was my favourite  ;)

sub82

Thanks again for coming to see us! Was really helpful going through it all.

Quiet_Man

sub82

Bazza

Careful Andy. You'll have none left for the competition  ;)

Aye. Looking fine. Clear as a bell.

BTW, to the rest of you, don't forget to PM me for collection. It's almost upon us.

-Barry

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Leann ull

Collections being made at apple juice drops please make sure your beers are with Club Reps!

Leann ull

God Damn you Quietman I had to get out the fish bladders last night after seeing that bad boy.
Any chance you could start a thread with tips as to how you got it that good?

Quiet_Man

Wish I knew guys! Nothing any different from my usual (ahem - high standard) process.

Bit of Irish Moss 10 mins from end of boil. Racked to secondary with primer the night before bottling. Left to condition in garage.

No animal products or deliberate cold crashing involved.

Don't worry Bazza - plenty left for the celebrations!