• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 05, 2024, 04:58:47 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2016 National Brewing Championships

Started by johnrm, November 06, 2015, 07:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

Medals will be awarded in Belfast but no scores given out, I seem to remember the scores get released after bos in Dublin.
Anybody not in Belfast will be presented their medal in Dublin and if not present in Dublin it will go out through their club rep. or other arrangement.

Bubbles

Quote from: CH on February 16, 2016, 05:04:14 PMI seem to remember the scores get released after bos in Dublin.

I know this gets asked every year.. so apologies for asking it again, but I just can't remember the answer...  :-\

But why are the scores not released until after the first round of judging? Is it simply a limitation of the software?

If the scores themselves were released, it might satisfy those people clamouring for scoresheets as described by Nigel above.

Leann ull

No we put a hold on the scores as obviously they have a bearing on BOS and best brewer which are all decided in Dublin.

Individual scores are released a couple of hours after comp on entry system or at least they used to be.
Scoresheets from Nationals can take up to a week to get to the entrant.

***None will be allowed to be collected from Dublin this year***

I'll give all you fellas 10/10 for being keen though!

nigel_c

Will have to wait to pick up all my hardware in Dublin so  ;)

Leann ull

Form an orderly queue, with a medal for every BJCP cat this year though, I think there is "one for every body in the audience", as long as you beer doesn't taste like ....
I'm going to miss that nice rear wheel ballast come Dublin.

lordstilton

Every Category or every sub category?

Leann ull

Every cat, 37 medals x3 in total which Includes the weird stuff like wines

Will_D

Sureley medals will only be awarded in the smaller categories if they score a suitable score.

i.e. best score in Cat X is 30. That should not get a gold medal! maybe bronze?

I think this is what happened last year.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Leann ull

That's correct Will but as you know NHC members don't brew shit beer anymore so everyone should get one
I seem to remember from the sorting most cats had more that 3.
Final decision over medals and whether they gain a medal rests with judges and registrar on the day.

Leann ull

Same as previous years it's also possible for 1 entrant to get Gold Silver and Bronze if their beer is head and shoulders above others in that cat.
Be impressive If they did with only one entry per sub cat

Flanagan

Don't suppose they're be tweeting of results or is there any way to find out if I'm not there?

Leann ull

March 03, 2016, 10:52:28 PM #161 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:45:05 PM by CH
Nope, organisers will be too busy drinking responsibly

They will be published at some point on forum or comp area

Quiet_Man

Good luck to everyone entered in today's leg of the 2016 Nationals.

Andy, Belfast Homebrewers