• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 01, 2024, 12:24:23 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club Cup 2017

Started by irish_goat, February 16, 2017, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacebiy

Lads

Just as an input to consider for next year , I'll give you the system that's used by the IBJJF to award "Best club" for Brazilian JiuJitsiu in Ireland . It's fairly straightforward , and I think most other competitive sports use a similar system .

IBJJF Approved competitions ( there could be multiple ones in a year , Cork Open , Midlands Open , National championships etc. )  have multiple weight categories and Open weight . Every competitor declares for a club .

Each club is awarded points for a competitor placing . 3 for gold , 2 for silver , 1 for bronze . Best club is the one with the highest total of points .
It's straightforward , if a small or large club has the best competitors , they score high in points ...

Consider it for next year please

giacomo

But the point of clubs is not to have the best brewers... Rather to HELP the new brewers improve...

Kevco5

Quote from: wallacebiy on February 17, 2017, 08:34:11 PM
Lads

Just as an input to consider for next year , I'll give you the system that's used by the IBJJF to award "Best club" for Brazilian JiuJitsiu in Ireland . It's fairly straightforward , and I think most other competitive sports use a similar system .

IBJJF Approved competitions ( there could be multiple ones in a year , Cork Open , Midlands Open , National championships etc. )  have multiple weight categories and Open weight . Every competitor declares for a club .

Each club is awarded points for a competitor placing . 3 for gold , 2 for silver , 1 for bronze . Best club is the one with the highest total of points .
It's straightforward , if a small or large club has the best competitors , they score high in points ...

Will leg-locks be legal?  ;)
Osss!

Bubbles

Quote from: phoenix on February 17, 2017, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on February 17, 2017, 02:38:34 PM
We're also doing 5 beers from 3 brewers

No shit, sure yous only have three members

Yes dude, it's called quality, not quantity..

wallacebiy

Quote from: Kevco5 on February 17, 2017, 09:20:26 PM
Quote from: wallacebiy on February 17, 2017, 08:34:11 PM
Lads

Will leg-locks be legal?  ;)
Osss!

Only in categories over 5% 😂

Ossssu

Leann ull

Looks like it's going to the smallest county in Ireland assuming Cronans beers were nominated, this is getting exciting now.

DEMPSEY

Aah the liffey brewers have not shot their load yet :P.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Leann ull

I heard you fellas like coming from behind alright

Dodge

irish_goat

NHC goes to La La Land with Miss Universe

It's with a lot of embarrassment that I have to announce that an error was made in the calculation of the Club Cup winners. All nominated entries were tabled on a spreadsheet which automatically summed the total scores. The error occurred because one beer's score from Sallins wasn't entered onto the system and thus, wasn't included in that club's total score. Normally I would go over the scoresheets and winners near the end of the judging but I was in helping with the best of show judging so it was all a bit rushed when I got back out to the laptop. Will know for next year to get someone else to double check all figures. So with all that said...

The actual winner, with 179 points, is;

Wee County Brewers

Apologies to all, especially Liffey Brewers and Wee County, for the mixup. Will award the Cup at Club Night, BrewCon.

Dr Brown Ale

:o :o

;D ;D

Jesus!

Amazing scenes

delzep

These things happen. Well done Wee County

Leann ull

And it's sentiment, graciousness and gentlemanly behaviour with responses like that that makes the NHC great.
Apart from the fact that Liffey will have won it back no doubt next year