• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 10:18:14 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Rebel Brewers Meet NOW Fri 26th July!!!

Started by johnrm, June 23, 2013, 08:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr hoppy

Quote from: Blackbrew on June 25, 2013, 03:25:45 PM
Am thinking of doing Kinsale Pale Ale Cork launch on Friday, would be good to have this the same night and make sure I get as many of the Rebels in as possible!

Taf mentioned that on Saturday, sounds like a plan to me!

Blackbrew

Launch is confirmed for Friday 26th so I will be bringing a lot if Kinsale Pale Ale to the meet up and maybe a black IPA if a can squeeze in a homebrew session this week.

johnrm

Looking like Fri. 26th based on the Poll.
Can whoever is down for the 27th manage the 26th?

Garry

I'm the black sheep who voted for Saturday, I should be able to do Friday though.

johnrm

johnrm

The story so far...

1) johnrm - Tux, Dishwater Stout, MYOB Mild Kit.
2) Garry
3) BrewCity

Garry

2) Garry - Coopers Australian PA, Coopers Wheat with Lime
3) BrewCity

mr hoppy

3) BrewCity
4) mr happy - Some funky wheat beers (Gose, Wit, Gratzer), maybe English style pale ale as well

Blackbrew

3) BrewCity
4) mr happy - Some funky wheat beers (Gose, Wit, Gratzer), maybe English style pale ale as well
4) Blackbrew - Lots of Kinsale Pale Ale! (Will also bottle up some experimental  Galaxy Ale)

LordEoin

The 26th should be ok. I'll try flexitime work.
I've only a few beers in-house at the moment and they're fairly young, but I'll rustle something up.
I have a Coopers Australian Pale Ale hacked (hopped and darkened)  that'd be interesting to compare with Garry's.  :)

3) BrewCity
5) Blackbrew - Lots of Kinsale Pale Ale! (Will also bottle up some experimental  Galaxy Ale)
6) LordEoin - APA, stout. (both coopers kits, both hacked)

johnrm

Will we do takeaway/swaps with some sampling?
We need to support that Black fella you know...

Time? Sams gig kicks off @8 AFAIK, so there for then.

Garry

Quote from: LordEoin on July 11, 2013, 12:22:52 PM
I have a Coopers Australian Pale Ale hacked (hopped and darkened)  that'd be interesting to compare with Garry's.  :)

I added a few hops to my APA too. Nothing scientific, I had 4 left over packs in the freezer and decided to use them all ??? Dana hops.

We can compare against Sam's KPA too  :)

Quote from: johnrm on July 11, 2013, 12:37:20 PM
Will we do takeaway/swaps with some sampling?
We need to support that Black fella you know...

I'll bring a few extra bottles if anyone wants to swap. I agree that we should support Sam on the night though.

johnrm

He is easily supported as it is lovely tack.

mr hoppy

Yeah, I think I'll go out to the fridge and support him right now. :D

On topic, I agree we should support sam on the evening, and swaps sounds good as well, but it's been a while since i made it to a meet at the well which involved a traditional tasting so i hope we'll strike a bit of a balance.

Blackbrew

Guys, I would do the tasting and swapping at whatever level you want to don't make any special exceptions on my count, i plan to sample a few of the homebrews on offer too! You guys being around is support enough really, but i hope i can tempt you all into a pint of KPA at some stage in the evening.