• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 05, 2024, 09:22:58 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Next Rebel Brewers Meetup

Started by Taf, August 21, 2013, 05:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kieran the Human

The general cert in brewing is running in the fran well from the 9th-13th of September so if the meet was the 13th you might get a good crowd or a few new faces - surely people would be staying around having a few drinks after the course
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

johnrm

...and that sounds like a better prospect than that Oktoberfest affair.

BrewCity

Quote from: Beer Baron on August 22, 2013, 08:51:14 PM
The general cert in brewing is running in the fran well from the 9th-13th of September so if the meet was the 13th you might get a good crowd or a few new faces - surely people would be staying around having a few drinks after the course
Having done a couple of those courses everyone seems to leave early on Fridays because they have to drive back to wherever they came from (Thursday is the tasting lesson day and so Thursday evening turns out pretty lively). But Friday could work out if you gave enough notice.

Dara

Will have to give the next meet-up a miss. A bit too much going on during September for me.

Dara
drinking - Brown porters (plain/oak aged/vanilla)
conditioning - American Amber (Jamil's evil twin)
Fermenting - air

Dara

By the way, for future reference. After the well closes should try BDSM next to vicarstown bar next time.  The last night we finished in Vicarstown bar which was grand. But BDSM have Metalman and Trouble's sabotage on tap next door. Was in there last weekend and Metalman was the job.  The music may go against Taf's and Mr.Happy's beats but Metalman will make up for it. The two bars are the same owner - you can walk from one to the other which we didn't seem to cop on to the last time.

Dara
Fermenting - air

mr hoppy

Quote from: Dara on August 23, 2013, 11:01:36 PM
By the way, for future reference. After the well closes should try BDSM next to vicarstown bar next time.  The last night we finished in Vicarstown bar which was grand. But BDSM have Metalman and Trouble's sabotage on tap next door. Was in there last weekend and Metalman was the job.  The music may go against Taf's and Mr.Happy's beats but Metalman will make up for it. The two bars are the same owner - you can walk from one to the other which we didn't seem to cop on to the last time.

Dara

That place looks seriously cool and I love Metalman - go on, what's the music policy? I'm fairly open minded.  :D

LordEoin

Taf

I'm well known to dance to anything! What is the music like though, rock?

Dara

Not sure how you'd classify it -hard rock metal kinda thing.  Looks like where all the cool kids go. The two beer gardens are joined which is handy.
Fermenting - air

Taf

Is anyone definitely planning on meeting this Friday the 6th? I get the feeling that there aren't enough people confirmed, so will probably cancel the booking of the cave, as I don't want to reserve space and not use it.

If people do want to meet, even if it is a small number, we can keep the reservation.

mr hoppy

I'd be game ball, if there's others interested.

Otherwise I'll just do a brew at home. :D

Taf

We'll keep it open for now. There's a very slight chance, I could make it, so you never know.

Garry

I won't be able to make this one lads  :(

I shouldn't have to make excuses for myself but here it goes: I was out Friday night AND Saturday night. I realised yesterday that I'm too old for that now! To top it off, I forgot my wedding anniversary yesterday too! So I won't be out next weekend and I won't forget my wedding anniversary ever again  :P Actually, I probably will forget my wedding anniversary again but I definitely won't be out next weekend.

johnrm

I can't, sorry, travelling at the weekend.

LordEoin

i won't be there either. SWMBO's birthday.