• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 23, 2024, 01:32:33 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

January meet up

Started by Kevco5, January 08, 2014, 10:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Too much whiskey in there I think. Those barrels were so wet. The barrel that Kev has for us now will make a totally different RIS (if the Galbay barrel RIS is anything to go by - (same barrels) Not a lot of whiskey in there which should make for a more drinkable, balanced beer (as drinkable & balanced as a 10+ abv beer can be)
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

St. Fursey

I don't think I'll make this one but using bjcp tasting sheets could be fun if  someone can print them out. ..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

montofk

I won't be there until around 8.30 or so.... fire away without me if you're all there before then.... try save a bit for me though! :)

Kevco5

Table booked for 7:30, this Friday, beer hall is free!

Kevco5

Barkar -  Oatmeal Stout , American Pale Ale -  Chinook and Mosaic
Montofk - Oatmeal Stout, IIPA Citra and Simcoe
Hop Bomb:  Mosaic pale ale, maybe one of my comp beers if they're ready.
Drowningmanatee - Lager kit, oxidised stout?
Kevco5 - summit and citra IPA, un-carbed Stout! Won't last the night, work to be done!

Hop Bomb

Ive got flasks for Kev, oxy kit for Barkar, silicon hose for whoever text me today (sorry new phone & some numbers missing) & Ive a malt bag with a load of empty reject bottles from GBB. Bring back packs lads :)

Kevco5

Santa comes but twice a year!

montofk

Quote from: Hop Bomb on January 29, 2014, 09:16:29 PM
Ive got flasks for Kev, oxy kit for Barkar, silicon hose for whoever text me today (sorry new phone & some numbers missing) & Ive a malt bag with a load of empty reject bottles from GBB. Bring back packs lads :)
Haha... The bearded one comes carrying gifts. Park your sleigh outside...
That was me that texted you today by the way!

Ciderhead

Hop Bomb

Ah sound. Il save yer number. Re: prezzies - Its all CH doing. Im just the messenger.

Kevco5

montofk

Thanks CH!... Always great to see you! ..... (and the stuff you bring with u!!) :-[   
On another note, if anyone's planning to do what I normally do tonight which is drive to the Oslo and abandon the car overnight, then don't!... big winds expected tonight and high tide at 6am..... ie park on high ground and away from the prom!

barkar

Balls that was exactly what i was going to do , was going to park at the one on the prom , maybe not now , staying in town- so might look into a b+b in Salthill on high ground !

Story re RIS , looks like  Mike is bring an oxidised bottle , anyone bring in a force carbed bottle , i can if necessary . Tom , can you hold onto the oxy kit dont want to be carrying it around if thats ok

montofk

My RIS's are forced carbed, not all that well though... will bring a bottle.
I'll PM you where I'm staying, it's 15mins walk from Oslo, and 5 from Salthouse. E35...

Hop Bomb

Ive a bottle of my force carbed RIS here with me too. Yeah can leave the oxy kit behind. Im not staying long tonight btw. In for the tastings & away home then.