• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 17, 2024, 05:33:08 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Three Tun Tavern

Started by admin, February 28, 2014, 12:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

beerfly

July 01, 2014, 11:03:55 AM #2 Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:57:56 PM by beerfly
looks like its opening next tuesday.  anyone want to head out for a few drinks next weekend (12th-13th), there is a few i want to try.
price list here - http://fft.ie/index.php/2595/jd-wetherspoon-releases-details-on-blackrock-outlet-opening-hours-and-price-list/

Qs

The prices are amazing. Its going to hit the other pubs in Blackrock hard.

Will_D

The price lists wont open for me says "There is an erroro on the page"
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Bubbles

Quote from: beerfly on July 01, 2014, 11:03:55 AM
looks like its opening next tuesday.  anyone want to head out for a few drinks next weekend (12th-13th), there is a few i want to try.
price list here - http://fft.ie/index.php/2595/jd-wetherspoon-releases-details-on-blackrock-outlet-opening-hours-and-price-list/

Hi Ronan. Just seen this.. There's a few of us meeting here on Thur 17th if you're around.

beerfly

i'll head out if im free.  might still go out at the weekend if people are intrested
i like the fact i can get out and back have a few pints and it wont cost more (possibly less) then getting the same in a city center pub

Bazza

Quote from: Qs on July 01, 2014, 01:15:02 PM
The prices are amazing. Its going to hit the other pubs in Blackrock hard.
So you'd think, Qs. However, with Wetherspoons this isn't always the case.

I love a good cask ale/craft beer, and the thought of a decent ale at a low price appeals to me.
Thing is, the thought of cheap premium lager and wine also appeals to a lot of folk.
I love the Wetherspoons in Belfast, but there're certain times of certain days I wouldn't darken its doors. Not being snobby like.

I'm not trying to tar all Wetherspoons with the same brush but in a lot of cases the other bars are a welcome haven.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Qs

Oh I know Baz. I lived in Swansea for a while and the Wetherspoons there was everything I ever imagined a horrible, British chain pub to be.

I've been to a couple of decent-ish ones in London though. There is definitely something of a lack of atmosphere to any I've been in though.

beerfly

delzep

Bubbles

delzep

Quote from: Dube on October 03, 2014, 08:38:38 PM
€2.50 for Beamish. Holee took. Courtyard Hotel in Leixlip sells Guinness for €3.50 which I thought was good.

€2.50 for guest ales too

molc

Wow, with pricing like that, if they keep opening at the rate they plan, they will shake up the market a bit...
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter