• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 02, 2024, 11:40:02 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew day

Started by johnrm, July 30, 2014, 01:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

It seems there's no shortage of places to brew, so lets pick sort out a few details and we can fix a location later on.
  • date
  • recipe
  • barrel or not?

Garry

• date : Saturday or Sunday. End of August or all September suits me.
  • recipe : Session (4-5%) Hoppy Pale Ale?
  • barrel or not? : Not. But we could discuss what's next for the barrel on the day.

LordEoin

Quote from: Garry on August 04, 2014, 12:06:58 PM
  • date : Saturday or Sunday. End of August or all September suits me.
  • recipe : Session (4-5%) Hoppy Pale Ale?
  • barrel or not? : Not. But we could discuss what's next for the barrel on the day.
+1

That's pretty much what I was going to say anyway.
something simple and delicious for the brew. grab a bag of base malt off MCI and then just a couple speciality grains. 2 or 3 hops. An american pale ale maybe?

mr hoppy

What kind of brew length were ye thinking of?

johnrm

500ml
Makes for more meetups!

mr hoppy

Oh grand, we can use a 10 yoyo tesco kettle as the brew kettle then, and maybe put a tea cosy on it for mashing.

johnrm

Poifect!

Fcuk it, thats a great way for doing a trial batch...
Worlds smallest BIAB!

NHC in the Guinness Book of Records - How ironic is that!

Garry

mr hoppy

Sounds good. Was only wondering as you mentioned the barrel.

LordEoin

We could do IPAs and enter them in the IPA comp.

dcalnan

Would love to come along to this, I'm away for the next few weeks, but i like the idea of doing ipa's. I was considering entering the competition myself, but i think learning from a group would be better for me.

Garry

@dcalnan, you're more than welcome. Of course we need to decide when and where first!

I like the ipa idea too. Are we allowed enter a club beer?

LordEoin

why enter a club IPA? Why not enter many members' attempts at an IPA?
Mr Hoppy will probably want to make some crazy belgian IPA, Taf will  probably go for a black IPA, I'm thinking English or american IPA.
Woudn't also be a great meetup in the well mid winter with 5 or 6 different styles of IPA to try :)

mr hoppy

August 08, 2014, 11:26:24 PM #28 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:36:41 PM by mr hoppy
Snap, I was thinking IPA (not because of the comp) - maybe black IPA. Just for fun.

If we did a large batch IPA everyone could take their fermenter away and hop it with their favorite hipster hop.

Or with a small batch maybe we could each bring a favored hipster hop and make a group hop bomb. I've some dehusked carafa and sinnamar, so... ^-^ you know

Garry

Where'd you get the sinimar you dark horse?