• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 07, 2024, 07:26:28 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Done Deal Day Dreaming

Started by newToBrew, October 25, 2012, 02:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

Saw a post on Jims where a guy was using one as a HLT, not sure what they would be like over 80C as they are HDPE, wall thickness may help?

newToBrew

picked one of those drums up just now - one of the small ones @ 50/60 litre capacity I'd say  sticker said it had metformin in it previously an antidiabetic drug,
Didn't get to chat ti#o the dude he wasn't there so I might give him a ring to see if he's getting in the bigger ones and maybe get a price on a bulk buy ?
Anyway - they're PetWorld Over in FerryBank in Kilkenny (sorry Derek, couldn't resist !!)
HDPE with a 2 inside teh recycle thingy
coz theres always something new to do

Eoin

Quotecool - thanks shane - gonna drop by that dude over next day or so - some random thought went through my head what wit hthe frosts and what not recently - thought that outside might not be good for the grain - then remebered someone mentioning a chicken run !!!
either way the 30 odd kilos of grain need to come outa d closet so to speak !! ( really gotta brew more often !)

The cold will be good for the grain, on the same principle that keeping it in a fridge would be good if you could do it. Anything (almost) kept colder will degrade slower as chemical reactions are slowed down.

alealex

Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

newToBrew

newToBrew

February 21, 2013, 11:17:26 AM #20 Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:25:55 AM by newToBrew
I'm seriously Considering the Murphys on in this add

beer Coolers

*edit
Ahem .... upon mature reflection .. I probably don't actually need it  :-/
but it does look good  ;D

newToBrew

newToBrew