• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 08, 2024, 08:54:18 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Routeris

On your website:
NB: Speidel are only attending the June 30th course.
If this is just a mistake, keep May 27th for me please. I'll make a payment Monday afternoon.

HomeBrewWest

Yup, that was June a couple of years ago. I'll fix it later.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

imark

Any idea if and when you will get the heavy gueuze bottles in yet?

Cobhlanger

Do ye ever run this course down south?

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: Cobhlanger on May 21, 2017, 11:10:40 PM
Do ye ever run this course down south?
Dunmore, Co. Galway only I'm afraid.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Rathbaner

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on May 19, 2017, 11:09:30 AM
I'll get an order in next week and get it for you, how many do you want?
Did you have any luck with this?

HomeBrewWest

Survived armed robbery in Johannesburg last night. Slept right thought it. Hbw lives to fight another day!

Donny

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on June 23, 2017, 04:52:40 PM
Survived armed robbery in Johannesburg last night. Slept right thought it. Hbw lives to fight another day!

Do go on.....

HomeBrewWest

Gated animal park with 16 chalets. Armed guys tied up 2 security guards and robbed the restaurant and bar. Left us alone. Slept right through it.

HomeBrewWest

Yup. TIA. No big deal here. There's a new micro just around the corner from us. Will try to get there for sa France game.

SprocketFuel

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on June 23, 2017, 04:52:40 PM
Survived armed robbery in Johannesburg last night.

Is it even a trip to Joberg with out being robbed at gunpoint? It's all part of the experience

HomeBrewWest

Back in one piece. South Africa is truly a great country, and it seems to be thriving which is great to see. I think its  safe as long as you know how to behave: its not a good idea to walk alone in any city center there at night . . . but then that's probably true the world over. The only things that scared me during daylight hours were lions, but then again that's because of where we chose to go!

I'm sure the lads took good care of you while we were gone. Please PM me if I missed any emails.

HomeBrewWest

July 18, 2017, 01:39:33 PM #687 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:41:08 PM by HomeBrewWest
Bulldog Brewer V1 Upgrade to V2
As promised, we have added the bits to upgrade the V1 to the V2:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/the-bulldog-brewer-v2-malt-pipe-upgrade-for-v1-purchasers-7130-p.asp, and
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/the-bulldog-brewer-v2-sparge-plate-upgrade-for-v1-purchasers-7131-p.asp
and the total cost is less than a V2 if you pre-booked the original V1. So I think its a pretty good deal.

There is also a controller upgrade, but we can't sell it for legal reasons as it involves rewiring the internals and we can't encourage consumers to do that for safety reasons. But the original controller is every bit as good in our opinion, and probably easier to use.

The only remaining differences are:
- the new V2 pumps have a stronger power supply . . . but we have already upgraded most of these for free and will continue to do so as we get more new pumps in, and
- the bazoka in the V2 has a finer mesh; this is a double edged sword: no more pump issues because the finer mesh stops the coarser bits from getting through, BUT the bazooka can get blocked when transferring to the fermenter so you may need to rub hop pellet debris off with a paddle (see our articles on this: http://www.homebrewwest.ie/blog/category/brewing-with-the-bulldog-brewer/).

Keg

What is the difference between V1 and V2 maltpipes? Is it just that the sparge plate sits better?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: Keg on July 18, 2017, 06:11:20 PM
What is the difference between V1 and V2 maltpipes? Is it just that the sparge plate sits better?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
The VI doesn't have the tube running up the middle; this is a hollow steel bar about 10mm in diameter. The V2 sparge plate needs this tube to move up and down: it is tightly positioned on the tube but can then be moved up and down and will stay in place during mashing.