• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 05:48:23 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The Barrel Project - The Schedule

Started by Bubbles, April 18, 2013, 01:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Hi Paddy B

Don't have a confirmed time of delivery yet but be it is after 8pm so probably best just to wander up around 8:15 ( saved me having to remember to ring you. Would be great if you could hang around for a while  (not like last time where I hunted you out the door). Look forward to seeing you on Tuesday. 

Shanna

Quote from: Paddy Bubbles on April 20, 2013, 09:17:42 AM
Quote from: Shanna on April 19, 2013, 01:37:50 PM
Shanna will be at home from approx 7pm on Tuesday expecting delivery after 8. Cider head give us a shout before delivery as the barrel needs to be delivered via lane at back of house.

Shanna

Shanna, give me a bell on Tuesday evening and I'll spin up and give yis a hand with the lifting. I'd like to see the new baby get settled into her new home! :)
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Rossa

I would say it could take two weeks in primary anyway. Maybe three. Who needs extra grain ? I think a grain buy. Would be good. Same  base malt and hops will add consistency to the batch. Capital are looking into a malt buy with Wicklow. Possibly Irish of the numbers stack up.

Shanna

Hi Rossa

Is there are any wOrd on this grain buy.  I will need to get a kilo of brown malt if anybody else needs to get some stuff maybe I we can put through one order save on the transport. I have the rest of the ingredients already.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on April 20, 2013, 02:08:38 PMDon't have a confirmed time of delivery yet but be it is after 8pm so probably best just to wander up around 8:15 ( saved me having to remember to ring you.

Will do.

Rossa

Noty really. No replies anyway so it might be dead in the water but we will give it a day or two.

Quote from: Shanna on April 21, 2013, 08:49:09 PM
Hi Rossa

Is there are any wOrd on this grain buy.  I will need to get a kilo of brown malt if anybody else needs to get some stuff maybe I we can put through one order save on the transport. I have the rest of the ingredients already.

Shanna

Shanna

April 23, 2013, 12:16:10 AM #20 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:18:08 AM by Il Tubo
Like a proud father preparing the nursery for a new arrival this evening I finally made some head way in cleaning out my shed. I used up the remaining boards to produce a rather basic but functional table. It does not have a top yet (as I need to get some water proof ply. However it does have space for storing three large SS vessels and a pair of gas bottles. I am even toying with cutting a dedicated hole for a bucket and a mounting for my grain mill. Anyway I digress as the main point of the clean up was to make space for the keg that is arriving tomorrow evening. I even managed to drag out the pallet that I got the from the cornie kegs group buy. So all things being equal the barrel should be in situ by this time tomorrow night. Paddy Bubbles is practicing his bed time stories all week and I have prepared a blanket to keep it warm at night.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on April 23, 2013, 12:16:10 AMI used up the remaining boards to produce a rather basic but functional table.

That reminds me.. Is the barrel bung hole at the "top" of the barrel, i.e. the flat top, or is it on the side? Do we need to fashion some sort of contraption to store the barrel on it's side?

Quote from: Shanna on April 23, 2013, 12:16:10 AMSo all things being equal the barrel should be in situ by this time tomorrow night. Paddy Bubbles is practicing his bed time stories all week and I have prepared a blanket to keep it warm at night.

And a "night light", I hope? :)

Bubbles

Right, first things first. Where is our barrel currently at? Last I heard, Ciderhead had been hijacked somewhere out near the airport?? :)

In the interests of progressing things, I'm proposing starting my first brew this Sun (28th). Transfer to barrel should be happening around 1st/2nd June. Does this suit, or does anyone want to suggest an alternative timetable?

Shane Phelan

I don't have a hope of brewing that soon,  especially not that I have had to double my contribution.  I was hoping to brew on the bank holiday weekend.
Brew Log

Bubbles

That's no problem. Just as long as we co-ordinate. Suits me better anyway, as it frees up a couple of my fermenters.

Shanna

Hi Paddy B

Ciderhead was released by his kidnappers and is dropping the barrel off some time this afternoon.

Shanna

Quote from: Paddy Bubbles on April 25, 2013, 08:17:03 PM
Right, first things first. Where is our barrel currently at? Last I heard, Ciderhead had been hijacked somewhere out near the airport?? :)

In the interests of progressing things, I'm proposing starting my first brew this Sun (28th). Transfer to barrel should be happening around 1st/2nd June. Does this suit, or does anyone want to suggest an alternative timetable?
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

April 28, 2013, 08:15:12 AM #26 Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:23:27 AM by Shanna
Hi there

Just a quick post to show a picture of the barrel. Hope to be able to create some staves for it to rest on from some key left over scaffolding boards that I have.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Looking good! Does it have a a=name yet?  :)

Shanna

No but now you mention it how about Ras (as in short for Rasputin:-)

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Not sure about Ras, but I certainly like Rasputin!!  :D