• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 10, 2024, 06:39:50 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruiscinlan

One suggestion I'd make is making some of the specialty malts available in larger quantities, things like rauchmalz, acidulated malt or rye etc.

HomeBrewWest

January 05, 2016, 02:06:27 AM #136 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:08:39 PM by LordEoin
Following on from our new USA hop business, we now have 2015 Amarillo in transit. We have forged connections with US hop farms/merchants which has allowed us to bring many 2015 US hops to Europe before anyone else.

PM if you want to reserve some Amarillo at 9.95 euros per 100 gram pack. We won't put them on the site until we see how the supply pans out. 

These will be home packed hops (same as other HBCs), not nitrogen flushed Bulldog resealable packs.

Like many US hops in 2015, they will not be available throughout 2016.

Hop contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on, but most microbreweries and HBS still rely on them. So, unless we have the hops in our fridges in Galway and you reserve them . . . . .

We are working on a system to allow you to reserve hops with guaranteed prices throughout 2016. We already do it for micros, so why not homebrewers too?

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

ronniedeb

January 08, 2016, 10:13:25 AM #137 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:08:44 PM by LordEoin
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on January 05, 2016, 02:06:27 AM
Following on from our new USA hop business, we now have 2015 Amarillo in transit. We have forged connections with US hop farms/merchants which has allowed us to bring many 2015 US hops to Europe before anyone else.

PM if you want to reserve some Amarillo at 9.95 euros per 100 gram pack. We won't put them on the site until we see how the supply pans out. 

Hi Brian. I sent you a PM about reserving some Amarillo. Any idea when you will have them?

HomeBrewWest

Scheduled for mid next week. We have an additional 5 or so US varieties en route as well.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

ronniedeb

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on January 08, 2016, 10:32:03 AM
Scheduled for mid next week. We have an additional 5 or so US varieties en route as well.

Excellent. Which varieties?

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: ronniedeb on January 08, 2016, 10:57:15 AM
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on January 08, 2016, 10:32:03 AM

Excellent. Which varieties?
These 2015 pellets are arriving next week :
Amarillo,
Golding,
Sterling,
MT Hood,
Chinook,
Equinox, and
Bravo.

We already have these 2015 pellets:
Cascade,
Centennial,
Citra,
Galaxy,
and many others.

Micros have reserved most of the ones we have in stock though. No matter how many hops we buy, it ain't enough! We are convinced there will be big shortages next year. And no HBS can afford to buy enough hops up front for ALL the micros; most are relying on contracts which are useless. We are only stocking enough for the micros we currently supply. Interesting times ahead.

We are looking at a way to allow homebrewers to reserve hops for 2016 from us. Maybe pay half up front, and then the other half when they ship. I'm not sure how it could work yet . . .  it may be too complicated to make it worthwhile, but we are trying to find a solution.

Would you guys be interested?

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

HomeBrewWest

January 09, 2016, 07:05:56 PM #142 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:08:52 PM by LordEoin
January Sale Now On At HomeBrewWest
- 5% already taken off almost all products (except Speidel, Mangrove Jacks, and some others)
- free shipping on all orders over €50
- automatic entry into a draw for a €500 voucher with all orders placed from 18:00 Saturday 9th to midnight 31st Jan.
Winner posted on homebrewwest on 1st Feb. Draw open to shop customers and online customers.

To ensure that the draw is completely transparent, we will ask the NHC to help us select the winning order number. See terms and conditions on the web site . . . . essentially the winner must agree to allow us to post their details. . . . again for transparency.

cruiscinlan

Lads when will ye have the Best pale ale again? Also will you be adding 1kg options for the specialty malts?

HomeBrewWest

Will be early Feb. We have Weyermann in the mean time. We will soon be announcing a major new development in the way grain and hops are sold.

HomeBrewWest

January 14, 2016, 11:00:39 PM #145 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:08:57 PM by LordEoin
See:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/amarillo-hop-pellets-100g-alpha-90-usa-2015-crop-6077-p.asp

Great price too, and currently 5% off in the Jan sale.

A few other new 2015 USA pellets are happy in our fridges too and we'll get them all online over the weekend.

molc

nice! Can you tell us which other American hops are in the fridges?
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

HomeBrewWest

2015 hops so far are:
Amarillo,
Cascade,
Centennial,
Citra,
Golding,
Sterling,
MT Hood,
Chinook,
Equinox,
Bravo,
Galaxy,
and others.

Most are already all in our new hop pellet section:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/hop-pellets-422-c.asp

I'll add the rest over the weekend.

ronniedeb

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on January 15, 2016, 09:19:01 AM
2015 hops so far are:
Amarillo,
Cascade,
Centennial,
Citra,
Golding,
Sterling,
MT Hood,
Chinook,
Equinox,
Bravo,
Galaxy,
and others.

Most are already all in our new hop pellet section:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/hop-pellets-422-c.asp

I'll add the rest over the weekend.

Hi Brian. I had reserved some Amarillo through PM, but I'll hold on putting an order through until you get those other ones up. I can only see the Amarillo, Cascade, Centennial and Citra on the website though.

molc

Ditto. Want to get 100g each of Amarillo, Citra, Cascade, Centennial and Sterling
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter