• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 09, 2024, 12:18:17 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Cheap Pots

Started by rukkus, December 29, 2012, 06:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukkus

Dunnes are selling off their 15L ham pots for 12 euro. I picked one up today, the lid doesn't fit very well (I might pop back and see if there is a better fitting one) so it wont be great for mashing in but always handy to have a big pot around the brewery.

rukkus

Actually the lid fits and holds in place if i squeeze it on. I noticed some gray residue on the bottom of it (aluminum oxide..?) Hopefully a good wash will sort it out. But again it was only 12 quid ;)

rukkus

yea the prices got less and less over christmas. There was only 5 or 6 left when I went in today but they had LOADS before christmas to go with their hams.

Worth checking out maybe for someone looking to do extract batches or something.

Hop Bomb

Nice one. They'd be handy for sterilising mason jars.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Ciderhead

Also for pasteurising my apple juice

Hop Bomb

Re: Sterilising mason jars - Would 20 mins in the oven do the same as boiling them in water? (for washing yeast)

Greg2013

I think these are the same as what i got a couple of months back and they were 20 something quid then,sorry start of December it was ::)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Checked Dunnes in Dungarvan today and none of these stock pots left. :'(
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Hop Bomb

QuoteAs long as the temperature is 100+ the oven would be fine.

Great cheers.

newToBrew

heatons generally have decent size pots - cant remember the price but they're cheap enough
coz theres always something new to do

Greg2013

Checked Dunnes Dungarvan today and they had a couple of 15 litre pots but they were 30 euro.

rukkus

Booooo sounds like they didnt reduce them like they did here :/

Greg2013

There is a Muslim spice shop on the quays in Waterford and i saw pots in there before that were,how would i describe it, f*****g enormous. Not sure on prices though.