• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 17, 2024, 08:47:30 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wetherspoon's coming to Dublin (again)

Started by admin, August 31, 2013, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

The fact the paper states "noted for its free wifi and the fact that it does not play music." means yer man has never set foot in one!

What about the wide selection a craft beers and in particular cask??
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

mr hoppy

Will  it serve cask? Might they leave it out because of "cultural differences"?

brenmurph

Ive no dought whatsoever that they will sell Irish cask. thats wat they do in UK they sell local cask ales as well as the big boys stuff

Bubbles

Fantastic news for us SD Brewers. Tonic wasn't a bad spot for craft already - they did the full range of O'Haras in bottles. And even though it's not "craft" they did Paulaner on tap too.

Will miss the food menu there though.

Bubbles

Happy days, more choice is always good. And I'd love to see more English bitters on cask here.

delzep

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 31, 2013, 02:00:23 PM
I wouldn't think there'll be a lot if beer from ROI, prolly more likely NI beers and ciders (Davy's ciders are in all the NI spoons), but it's great we'll have the choice. I look forward to a pint and a curry for £5.95 too!

hope they have a currency enchange on site....

irish_goat

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 31, 2013, 02:00:23 PM
I wouldn't think there'll be a lot if beer from ROI, prolly more likely NI beers and ciders (Davy's ciders are in all the NI spoons), but it's great we'll have the choice. I look forward to a pint and a curry for £5.95 too!

I've not seen any Hilden stuff in spoons recently though. Must actually ask if they've stopped stocking it.

CARA

Absolutely fantastic news, 4 engines is the standard in JWD pubs and a very high standard they are too!
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

Article says Tim Martin is English when he's actually from Derry too.

Rossa

That was last year. This year was an  Adnams and Dungarvan collaboration I think.

UpsidedownA (Andrew)

Really looking forward to this and hope they do well. It will be hard for me to patronise them regularly but I'll make a couple of trips on principle. And the other nice thing is that there's finally a place where I can use my CAMRA vouchers!
IBD member