• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 17, 2024, 07:34:21 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Liffey Brewers Second Competition

Started by admin, October 12, 2013, 10:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

We're toying with the idea of running a small competition in December, maybe 50 beers max, but running it as an official BJCP exam, i.e. registered and points for all concerned. Small entry fee and possibly a cash prize.

It would be open to anyone.

Trying to gauge the interest from people outside Liffey Brewers. Is this something people would be interested in?

sub82

Could be a possibility - we keep saying we should come down to a meet but December might not be a good month.

delzep

Quote from: sub82 on October 12, 2013, 10:29:15 AM
Could be a possibility - we keep saying we should come down to a meet but December might not be a good month.
Hopefully be around the first week of December if possible

Eoin

Any tips on what's being aimed for? I'll be brewing in the next few days.

Sent using a complex system of semaphore and ninjas.

delzep

Quote from: Il Tubo on October 12, 2013, 12:10:34 PM
No limits. Think of it like the nationals only smaller.

size isn't everything  ;)

Will_D

Quote from: Il Tubo on October 12, 2013, 10:00:21 AM
We're toying with the idea of running a small competition in December, maybe 50 beers max, but running it as an official BJCP exam, i.e. registered and points for all concerned. Small entry fee and possibly a cash prize.
Thought there was a 90 day notice period on BJCP comps?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

Ah Ha! Quote:

" The competition registration fee is $30.

Competitions should be registered at least 90 days before the event is held. This allows ample time for the registration to be processed, and for you to receive the registration materials in time to be useful. If you don't register at least 90 days in advance, you may not have your event published in Zymurgy, and you may encounter delays when attempting to enter your organizer's report. "

So is there a minimum notice period?

And what does this mean "you may encounter delays when attempting to enter your organizer's report. "

I know recently the 90 day was mentioned to a comp. as to suggest it was not registerable!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing