• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 06, 2024, 12:50:32 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

National Brewing Championship 2014

Started by johnrm, January 07, 2014, 01:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

January 07, 2014, 01:41:17 PM Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:49:07 AM by johnrm
National Brewing Championship 2014

The 2014 National Brewing Championship will be spread across 2 locations in Dublin and Cork.

Registration open to members 22nd Jan, open to all 28th Jan, closes 16th Feb.

All bjcp cat we categories judged.

€4 per entry for members(including a 2€ discount on beer one).
€6 for the general public for the first and €4 thereafter.

The first leg will be in The Church, Jervis St., Dublin on March 1st

The second leg and finals will be held in The Franciscan Well, North Mall, Cork on March 22nd

600 entries Max so get in early!

Closing date for submission of entries is February 16th at the nominated collection points.

More details will added here as these become available.

Get brewing and the very best of luck!

Ciderhead

Wahoo! looking forward to it.

I'll have to start practising in the shower now

How oft do my thoughts in their fancy take flight
To the home of my childhood away,
To the days when each patriot's vision seem'd bright
Ere I dreamed that those joys should decay.
When my heart was as light as the wild winds that blow
Down the Mardyke through each elm tree,
Where I sported and play'd 'neath each green leafy shade
"Altogether Now"
On the banks of my own lovely Lee.

johnrm

I was calling it something like that, then edited to match the title on the discussion thread.
Debate?

(Actually, I left out the 's' on Championship, oh well)

beerfly

Ciderhead

Folks to keep you up to speed with what is going on in the preparations in the run up to the Comp in Dublin/Cork, it was suggested that we keep members more abreast of what is going on behind the scenes as there is a huge amount of work involved.

A lot of this years is a duplicate of last year but there are and will be elements of this years event that are unique and we would like your input.

By all means put comments in, but if you have any specific concerns or want to have a debate about an element of something posted please start a new thread, this thread is intended as being more of an information service.

Ciderhead

Thanks to all of the members of the local clubs where primary contacts have been pm'd and volunteered or recommended preferred drop points.

For all those who haven't responded or are waiting for somebody else please do this now as asap as we need these confirmed before the 16th, cheers.

Will_D

1. How is the style split 'tween Dublin and Cork being decided?

2. Where are the ciders being judged?

3. Where is the group RIS mini-comp being judged?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

1. How is the style split 'tween Dublin and Cork being decided?   

Thats for the comp organiser but i am guessing depends on number of entries he has already indicated a 60:40 split Dublin:Cork in another post

2. Where are the ciders being judged?

For practical reasons, it will be Dublin as getting preferred cider judges to Cork logistically is difficult.

3. Where is the group RIS mini-comp being judged?

Cork, Fran Well have some experience already in this area ;)

Will_D

Quote from: CH on January 09, 2014, 07:59:40 PM
Cork, Fran Well have some experience already in this area ;)
Will be interesting when the beg the winner for the recipe!

Will also give us a bit more time for the regional selections and carbing!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Rossa

Dr Jacoby

Would it be possible to add something to the main website page advising people to get brewing for the championship ASAP (bearing in mind the requirements of their chosen styles) and a full list of all beers styles being accepted?

I think it would be helpful to imagine what a novice would need to know to enter the competition and put that front and centre on the website as clearly as possible.
Every little helps

Ciderhead

Quote from: Dr Jacoby on January 09, 2014, 11:47:11 PM
Would it be possible to add something to the main website page advising people to get brewing for the championship ASAP (bearing in mind the requirements of their chosen styles) and a full list of all beers styles being accepted?

I think it would be helpful to imagine what a novice would need to know to enter the competition and put that front and centre on the website as clearly as possible.

Great idea, there is a link on Styles accepted in opening post of provisional entry list started tonight.
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,5299.0.html

Ciderhead

There are only 2 areas on the forum to get information about the 2014 National Homebrew Competition

General Discussions
    Competitions

And for Full Members more detail concerning the organisation, staffing and preparation can be found at

General Discussions
     Members Only Area
          Competition 2014