• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2024, 10:29:53 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

NHC on Social Media

Started by irish_goat, June 05, 2014, 02:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Folks we're gonna make more of an effort to use social media to our advantage here. Used properly, it's a great way to advertise (for free) to current and potential members and also channel traffic towards the forums. So if you're on either Twitter or Facebook give us an oul like/follow and maybe share and invite any family and friends you know who are into brewing to also get them following. If every member was able to get one more person on board we'd double our Facebook followers.  :)

My plan is to post regular updates that encourage likes and shares and also advertise events, local brewdays, competitions etc so if anyone wants anything shared let me know. If people like and comment on posts it will also spread the word more as well.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HomebrewClubIrl
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NationalHomebrewClub

If people want to share their own Twitter/Facebook page or their local club page they can do so here as well.  :)

Will_D

Would be great if someone could do the "Social Meeja for Auld Fahrts: 101" thread!

Yes I am on both but really only use them to post pictures for the rugby club!

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Bzfeale80

I am on fb and twitter but have not seen much activity from NHC of late. Is anybody in particular in charge of putting up the odd post or tweet from NHC at the moment?

Partridge9

There is about 5 posting on Facebook - we dont want to spam people. I'd say there is two posts a week at the moment.
Cant speak for the twitter side.

CARA

I was regularly tweeting for the club but I lost my old phone a while back and with it the already logged in NHC account-think Rossa & Tube IIRC are looking after it now? I'll happily step back in though?
Upa Sesh

Samael

Following both, but I don't see too many activity on twitter :/
..::Tomasz::..

GrahamR

follow on twitter only as not on FB. Might be an idea for the twitter feed to retweet brew pics that members put up
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider

Bzfeale80

Ok I am now following @HomebrewClubIrl on twitter. Maybe the next time the front page is getting updated the admins might consider adding facebook and twitter buttons to make it easier for people to find NHC on social media?

Taken with Webpage Screenshot