• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 23, 2024, 03:52:51 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2 line beer coolers €60

Started by cno1, September 13, 2014, 04:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cno1

Hi all,
I have 8 2 line beer coolers for sale for €60 each. They are mostly Cornelius CXT25. The are all fully operational and tested about a month ago. These could also be used to chill the water entering your immersion wort chiller when not being used for their intended purpose. They are collection only from Cabinteely, Dublin 18 and the price is non negotiable. Picture attached below.

molc

September 13, 2014, 06:13:16 PM #1 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:31:29 PM by molc
I'll take one. At that price, I'd be a fool to pass on one :) I need a little advice though.

1.Will a line cooler cool beer in room temperature cornis to serving temp on demand?
2. How long after switching one on does it take before it is ready to cool beer to temp?
3. What do you need to connect lines to one of these? Does 3/8" line just slot into it or do I need something more?
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shanna

Hi Cathal

Stick me down for one. Like the previous post said too good a price to turn down. What are the size of the connectors required for this?

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

cno1

Hi molc,

Ye these are the same coolers that are used in pubs. They generally need a few hours to get cold. The spec can be seen at the following link: http://www.cornelius-emea.com/uploads/datasheets/CTX%2025%20Datasheet.pdf

These will allow you to hook up 2 cornies simultaneously and cool to serving temperature once operating.

Hope that helps. By the way I see you are looking for gas in the group buy. I should have about 20 mixed gas canisters in the next few weeks mostly empty but AJ Edge in Bray will fill then for you with CO2. I'll list here when I have them.

Thanks

molc

Cool cheers for that. Like Shanna, I'll need to know what connections are required. Regardless, let me know when suits and I'll pop over and pick one up from you.

molc

Oh yeah regarding the co2 tanks, someone just needs to setup a group buy thread for that. There's 12 buyers waiting for a supplier ;)

mcgrath

I'll take one too please.. can collect from Wednesday..

CARA

You say you have mixed gas bottles, aj won't touch these as different threads. The coolers you have also have a recirc pump making them perfect to hook up to a saddle or piped jacket wrapped around corneys.
Upa Sesh

CARA

Upa Sesh

CARA

Not hijacking but I have JGs and saddles for sale :)
Upa Sesh

molc

Quote from: CARA on September 13, 2014, 10:35:52 PM
Not hijacking but I have JGs and saddles for sale :)
You cunning person you ;) Let me get the cooler first and figure out what I need anyway. Maybe there's JG fittings already on it; wouldn't that be great.

delzep

OK I'm confused as I haven't a clue about kegging etc. For this order we won't be getting everything we need to dispense beer on draught (apart from the beer and means to chill the keg)?

cno1

Quote from: CARA on September 13, 2014, 10:34:22 PM
You say you have mixed gas bottles, aj won't touch these as different threads. The coolers you have also have a recirc pump making them perfect to hook up to a saddle or piped jacket wrapped around corneys.
Thanks Cara, wasn't aware of the AJ issue, good to know. Is there somewhere that will refill the mixed gas or is that a lost cause? Wasn't aware of the the recirc pump either good to know might be a good setup for temp control.

molc

Quote from: delzep on September 13, 2014, 11:35:47 PM
OK I'm confused as I haven't a clue about kegging etc. For this order we won't be getting everything we need to dispense beer on draught (apart from the beer and means to chill the keg)?
This isn't an order, just a for sale listing. You have it right though; this is just a way to chill your beer when pouring from the tap. The usual ways people do it are either a line cooler or a kegerator, where the kegs are put inside a fridge and chilled.

delzep

Sorry didn't mean to jump in on this thread (feckin mobile posting)

Does the keg group buy contain everything bar chilling to dispense draught beer? If not and there are extra parts (and extra costs) I'll have to reconsider