• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2024, 02:52:23 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Need some guinea pigs!

Started by LiamTutty, December 17, 2014, 10:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiamTutty

Been working on a some code for a little voting app - so lashed this together yesterday. It's not a definitive list, it's literally just a test...so if anyone would like to cast a vote and report any bugs they find, that'd be great!

http://idle.ie/beer2014/

Qs

irish_goat

Vote works and it only allows me one vote too.

LiamTutty

Thanks lads...I haven't made it clear, but there's a little video relating to each brewery when you click on their picture. I would usually drop a play button over these, but I couldn't find any video about White Hag, so left the feature hidden, but it's still there if you click on any of the pictures other than White Hag.

irish_goat

Videos work fine. White Hag brings up a broken Youtube video, dunno if that's intentional.

I'd never normally click pictures unless there was some obvious content behind them though so I'd imagine you'll not get much without the play button.

The tab title is also just "Brewery".

Parky

Works fine as a concept. Agree with irish_goat that the pictures relating to each brewery could benefit from having the 'play symbol' (or similar) visible, but nice idea nonetheless.

Two additional comments - First, perhaps you'd like to add a link directly to each brewery so respondents can find out more about the brewery and product range. Secondly, if it's possible you should randomize the order of display of the breweries to mitigate the 'primacy effect'. Showing numbers beside the breweries, or even showing what votes have been cast before a new respondent votes can also introduce a similar bias. But depends how accurate you want it to be, or what the eventual context is.

Good luck, hope it turns out well  ;)

johnrm

Broken.
No Blacks in Kinsale.  :P

Seems to work other than that.

LordEoin

yeah, all worked fine for me too apart from trying to figure out where to vote and accidentally starting the video instead before thinking about clicking the thunbs up.
good job, it looks nice overall :)

Qs

The videos all open but for some reason the Galway Bay video opens in a in a window with a bit of extra black space to the right of it.

LiamTutty

Thanks lads.

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I would generally drop play buttons where there is video content like that...but with no video for White Hag I thought I would just leave the play buttons out.

Agree on the vote count too in this context - but for the eventual intended use we will want to have the highest votes at the top...or actually...maybe we won't. I might mix that up a bit now that you mention it. Thanks for the feedback.

biertourist

I've got a hamster and a ferret, if that helps at all...