• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 17, 2024, 04:56:41 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vantastival

Started by helmet, April 12, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danger_zone

any objections then for me to go ahead and use the pic for the Facebook page?

its a day for a few homebrews in the garden lads
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

Acott

Not a problem! Do you need me to send you a particular size? Do you have a copy of Illustrator?

danger_zone

i've a resizing thingy-ma-jig on the laptop i can use if i need to

drinking - whiskey stout

johnrm

Looks good. Good job moving away from the probe!
Talk to Tom Hopbomb for your printing requirements.

danger_zone

Did the kits arrive yet?

drinking - whiskey stout

itsclinto

Yep the kits arrived yesterday.  We've the Discover America Pale Ale (extract kit) and Olgas Oregon Stout (mash kit).   I chose them because they are at the opposite ends of the spectrum and people can relate to them. 

I had a chance to look at everything today and it appears that we don't have any malt extract for the extract kit.  Should i pester Shane about getting the malt extract or should we provide them ourselves?

Acott

Just arrived today, happy with how it turned out!

Pint in there for scale  :)

helmet

That banner looks class, fair play Acott! Would you be able to organise getting it to one of the lads in Dundalk. Danger Zone maybe?

Does anyone have any DME lying about?

I think I have a Coopers kit somewhere I can bring just for show.

Should we bring along a few types of grain/hops for the table too? I can bring pale malt, chocolate, cara amber, rye, magnum leaf and mosaic leaf.
Can we get a list of equipment people are bringing on the day? Just so we know we're not missing anything.
Oh yeah, is anyone on for taking a batch home with them? I can take a fermenter if needs be, but only nobody else wants one. (bagsy the stout if that's the case)

Helmet: mash tun, fermenter,grain and hops.

cronan

Love the banner.

I can bring me boiler, bag, chiller etc for a BIAB brew.
I will let someone else bring the fermenters as I have a good stock of beer.

I have brewed the discover america pale ale before, tis nice but some more hops would help. I can bring some to jazz it up.

helmet

Great stuff!
Clinto or Danger Zone can one of you bring a boiler for the extract kit?

danger_zone

That banner turned out great. yeah, I can pick it up any time that suits

I've no DME unfortunately but I can bring along crystal,chocolate and biscuit malt for display. I'll see if any of the euro shops have some of those glass jars to display them in

I can take along my boiler if yis want and a couple of blankets to keep it toasty during the mash. Mine only has one kettle element in it though and Clinto's has 2 so I dunno if ye'll want that instead to heat the water up quicker. Either way is fine with me. Not sure if i'll have a fermenter free though

Agree on the Discover Pale Ale. Nice kit but needs an extra dose of hops maybe a dry hopping

drinking - whiskey stout

itsclinto

The banner will look great in our corner of the pub, nevermind the festival  :P

I've no DME either.  I didn't know if it'd be cheeky to send an email saying you forgot this since he's donated the kits already.  :-[

I'll be able to bring my boiler no problem, another one with a spare element for hot water if neccessary and anything else we need, just shout.  It might be easier setting up a separate thread with what we need for the biab, mash and in general and who is going to bring it.  For instance i've a long hose with tap adapters that i can bring for the chillers.  We probably need the usual brew stuff plus maybe hops, yeast, grain, tables, chairs, towels, a bin/bag for rubbish (not too sure here), cups, sanitizer, tasters, etc.

barney

hi lads

Great work on the banner and all the organization
I have not been in for a while been a busy few weeks with new job and new baby
I can bring a fermenter and dry malt extract
What other bits are needed?
Accott is you need the banner collected and paid I can organise to meet you any evening that suits
you?

Regards
Brian

Acott

As it's for the club I don't want any payment lads, a homebrew would be sound enough!

I can drop it off with anyone on Saturday, ping me a PM and we can arrange something  8)

itsclinto

Quote from: Acott on April 22, 2015, 10:23:53 PM
As it's for the club I don't want any payment lads, a homebrew would be sound enough!

We won't leave you out of pocket! We'll sort you out when we see you  :P