• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 17, 2024, 05:21:47 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vantastival

Started by helmet, April 12, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

The latest from Vantastival HQ is that we can rock up on Sunday at around 10 to set up. Should we meet somewhere like Fitzpatrick's first and head down together? Clinto, do you fancy a lift?

danger_zone

yeah it makes sense us going in together. I'll get on to Barney and see if the 2 of us can go up together for handiness sake
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

danger_zone

what are we taking for samples next week?

i was looking through my beer supplies and turns out i only have enough Brown Ale left for the Garden County competition. I didn't realise I had drank so much of it. I hope the festival goers won't mind drinking some of my experimental chilli beer

drinking - whiskey stout

itsclinto

I'm hoping those chillies have calmed down a bit. ;) I'll take a few red and white wine. I've also a few ipa that I'll bring to sample and drink also

helmet

If the punters don't drink the chilli I will!
I'll have a pale ale and a black IPA.

cronan

I can bring a stout a red and a pale ale.
How much are we bringing?

helmet

I've to ring the lad who's running the bar, just to make sure he's happy enough with how much we give out (they're serving platter boards of craft beers).
I suppose independent on how many of us are bringing beer. If we aim for about 50 bottles between us (200 decent samples).  What do yis reckon?

itsclinto

Quote from: cronan on April 25, 2015, 07:55:15 PM
How much are we bringing?

I was thinking 6 to 10 bottles as tasters but for some reason I don't think it's enough. Might bring a few more even if we don't have to open them

helmet

Just off the phone with Eddie who'll be running the bar on Sunday. Sound lad,ready to help us out with anything we need on the day.
The bar will be pouring Rascal's Big Red Hop and Ginger Porter, Black Donkey's Sheep Stealer, 8 degrees' Bohemian Pilsner and Jack the Lad Irish Pale Ale.
The only thing he's asked us to do is to send people on to him if he has anything resembling what he has. So, "if you like Cronán's Pale Ale you should try Jack the Lad" that kinda thing.
So who all's bringing beer? Will we aim for 50-60 bottles?
Looking forward to this now!

itsclinto

Nice selection of beers there! Everything seems be on track. The only thing we need now is the weather    :-\

danger_zone

I hope yis are all brushing up on your brewing lingo so we can at least pretend that we know what we're talking about   ;D

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

Righto, we're getting 2 passes for the day. I've to forward names now. Could anyone planning on attending send me their full names and I'll forward them on to the Vantastival folk and they'll just have to stick a tenner in the charity bucket.

helmet

Box office doesn't open till 11, so that's when we can land.
Will we meet in Fitzpatrick's for 10.30?

So far I have myself, Cronán, Clinto, Danger Zone and Barney on the list. We're allowed one more.
Does anyone else have beer/wine they can bring along?
If not the first person to PM me their full name goes on the list.
Roll on Sunday!

itsclinto

Quote from: helmet on April 28, 2015, 08:54:03 PM
Roll on Sunday!

Can't wait! Do we have an itinerary of our day? What's our plan of action?

Will_D

If you are setting up a brew demo/stand you don't wait till the box-office opens. Get there about 2 hours early and get set up. Waterelectrics/tables etc. You will be amazed at the chaos!.

When you have the basics set up you can then get some water on to warm. Brewing is like the old movies "Oh my god the baby is comming - quick get the water on to boil"!

Then relax, check the free samples and chill till the public arrives.

How do I know this? Coz' I and a few others have been doing it for a few years at the RDS and Altech!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing