• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
June 04, 2024, 07:31:58 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wanted DC to Ac 40 amp SSR

Started by Shanna, June 01, 2015, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Hi there,

Have been waiting for a few months to put together a herms system using similar rig as documented here.

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,9845.0.html

Basically I ordered/was sent the wrong type of relay by mistake. I have ordered a replacement from China but it will take about a month to arrive. The following is the type I need.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Solid-State-Relay-SSR-40-DA-DC-AC-90-480VAC-40A-3-32V-DC-/151300892518?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item233a3c6766

If anybody around the Dublin area has a spare that they could lend/sell me, I would be much obliged.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Sorcerers Apprentice

I can give you a loan of a 25 amp SCR, you could use the DC signal to switch a 230v AC output and use this to drive the 40amp SCR ?
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

Shanna

Quote from: Sorcerers Apprentice on June 01, 2015, 11:40:41 PM
I can give you a loan of a 25 amp SCR, you could use the DC signal to switch a 230v AC output and use this to drive the 40amp SCR ?
Thanks apologies about the day in responding. Will_D posted an alternative wiring option for the PID that should be able to use the existing SSR. I will give that a go first & get back to you if that does not work. Thank you for your offer.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member